USB 2.0 Audio Interface, 2-in/4-out, with 2 Mic/Instrument Preamplifiers, 24-bit/96kHz, and USB Bus Power - Mac/PC
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Anodised Aluminium Unibody Chassis
- Ring LED signal indicators (green means healthy signal, red indicates
- High-quality 24-bit/96 kHz USB interface
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Mixer knob for latency-free direct monitoring, mixes between input signal and DAW playback signal
- USB bus-powered
- Two Neutrik combination inputs
- Rear panel balanced TRS outputs (1 & 2) and phono (1-4)
- MIDI in and out
- Headphone amplifier with separate level control
- Headphone monitor switch to hear either set of outputs
- Switchable phantom power
- Switchable 10dB pad on all inputs
- Large monitor level control
- Includes Xcite+ Pack, Ableton Live Lite and Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite
The Hub of Your Home or Mobile Studio
The Focusrite second-generation Scarlett 2i4 USB audio interface gives you a superb recording front end in a portable interface. Two award-winning Focusrite mic/line/instrument preamps are onboard, with their convenient combo inputs right on the front panel where you need them, while the back panel hosts two balanced and four unbalanced outputs. The Scarlett 2i4 is an ideal foundation for your home or mobile studio if you need high quality sound, not a high channel count. Fire up the included software and start making great-sounding music today with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB audio interface!
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 at a Glance:
- Optimized second-generation technology
- Super-low latency for better performances
- Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
- Award-winning Focusrite preamps onboard
- Keep an eye on your levels with front-panel indicators
Optimized second-generation technology
The 2nd-generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i4's exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it's been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you've got studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. And Focusrite has evened out the gain structure of the natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, letting you set levels more accurately. The instrument inputs have also been reengineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett 2i4's inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
Super-low latency for better performances
You know you perform better when you've got a great-sounding monitor mix with everything you need to hear to be inspired — for example, reverb and delay on a guitar solo. The Scarlett 2i4's super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time, so you can hear your parts as you envision them and record better performances. At Sweetwater, we know you can't put a price on that.
Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 ships with a killer software bundle headlined by the exclusive Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, which features a 16-track version of the DAW with 12 additional plug-ins, including Eleven Lite guitar amp emulation. You also get Ableton Live Lite, Softube's Time and Tone Bundle, the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, and more. Focusrite has included everything you need to get up and running fast.
Award-winning Focusrite preamps onboard
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is equipped with two vibrant and pristine Focusrite preamps. For over 25 years, Focusrite's award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamps in the Scarlett 2i4. This is the same technology found in Focusrite's flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, you also get phantom power for your mics that require it.
Keep an eye on your levels with front-panel indicators
Your mom always said to watch your levels. Well, perhaps she didn't, but you know you should — and the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 makes it easy. The 2i4's innovative halo indicators always let you know when you've got a healthy signal level for recording. If the halo is Red, your signal is clipping, and you should back down your gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the level returns to a happy normal — at which point it will turn green. Simple and intuitive, isn't it?
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Features:
- 2 great-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with generous even gain
- 2 reengineered instrument inputs accommodate the hottest pickups
- Class-leading converters, sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Headphone output with volume control
- Vanishingly low latency lets you monitor with plug-ins, no DSP required
- 4 unbalanced RCA outputs
- 2 balanced 1/4" outputs accommodate pro studio monitors
- MIDI I/O for sending/receiving MIDI notes to/from a keyboard controller
- Compact, roadworthy chassis goes where you go
- USB bus powered — one cable does it all
Included software bundle:
Focusrite's 2nd-gen Scarlett 2i4: the nucleus of your studio or mobile rig!
- Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time and Tone Pack
- Exclusive Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite DAW software
- Loopmasters sounds and samples (1GB)
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synth